Standing desks are all the rage these days and for good reason: They can improve productivity, decrease fatigue and back pain (for those who sit all day), prevent muscle atrophy, and even improve cardiovascular health. But what if you don’t want to stand all day? Enter the electric standing desk! Electric standing desk allows you to stand or sit at will. Best of all, they are great for taller people as they raise your desk up to a more ergonomic height. Unless you’ve been living under a rock this past year and not checked out any sort of office furniture at all, I would bet that you already know how much craze there is around standing desks. Here are some unique things you need to know about electric standing desks.
- There are plenty of standing desks available, but not all of them are created equally. If you want to find the best standing desk, there are a few things you want to consider first: price, ease of use and style. Some considerations include: height adjustment, design, functionality and stability. While price is something you should always look at when shopping for anything office-related (including furniture and supplies), the other factors are a matter of personal preference.
- Electric Standing Desks can be pricey, but that is okay. It all depends on which brand you choose and the amount of features you’d like. Some of the most expensive ones are made by Herman Miller and Steelcase, which sell for about $800. But there are cheaper choices out there too. If you’re looking for something that’s going to last a long time and have a good warranty, don’t be afraid to spend more money on an electric standing desk!
- Electric Standing Desks don’t always have to be at floor level. If you want to get the most out of what they can do, you can look into purchasing a desk that is adjustable. These come in all shapes and sizes, but the two most popular are adjustable standing desks and dual-level standing desks. Adjustable models allow you to raise or lower your desk much farther than standard ones. They also give you more customization options in terms of height and angle while still being more stable than those on wheels. Dual-level models allow you to sit on an ergonomic chair and stand at will, but they are better suited for taller users.
- Electric Standing Desks aren’t well-known yet, but they will be. As the demand for them grows, more and more manufacturers will begin to offer products that are designed to help you stand at your desk. So if you want to get your hands on one, now is a great time to do so!
- You can always build your own electric standing desk. If you’re a little more adventurous and love the DIY thing (or know someone who does), then you may want to consider building one yourself. You can find all kinds of plans and resources online that can walk you through the process. This will help you to get a more personalized, DIY standing desk that suits your needs.
- Standing desks aren’t just for standing. While they are great for people who stand on their feet all day, they are also good for those who sit at their desks all day long too. In fact, most users alternate between sitting and standing throughout the day. They are particularly useful if you have back or leg pain from sitting in one position all day long, or if your job requires sitting to do repetitive tasks all day long (like entering data).
- Many of the same benefits of electric standing desks still apply to regular ones. You can expect to get some of the same back, knee and neck health benefits as well as an increase in energy and productivity. If you are unsure about whether or not you should buy a standing desk, think about your posture, energy level and productivity levels over the past few months. If they have improved since getting a standing desk, then purchasing one may be something you want to consider.
If you’re interested in standing desks and don’t know where to begin, consider what your needs are and your options for each. This may be a good time for you to get an electric standing desk.